Question: I am currently an office worker. Due to often sitting for a long time, I sometimes have back pain and stiff neck. I have used patches to relieve pain but results are not satisfactory. So, are there any medicines or products to help ease the pain?
Le Minh Tam, 36 years old, Vung Tau
Anyone can have back pain, but some causes of higher risk of back pain are:
- Back pain is more common in the elderly. We may have back pain at 30 – 40 years old.
- Less physical activity. Back pain is more common in unhealthy people.
- Diets rich in calories and fat can make us gain weight. Excessive weight can put pressure on your back and cause back pain.
- Some causes of back pain, such as ankylosing spondylitis, a form of arthritis that affects the spine, can carry a genetic predisposition.
- Other conditions: Certain types of arthritis and cancer can cause back pain.
- If you have to lift, push or pull while twisting the spine, you may have back pain. Office workers work at a table all day and do not sit up straight, which is also the reason for back pain
To prevent back pain, you should:
- Exercise regularly and keep your back muscles strong. You can refer to “6 postures stretching the whole body” to limit the said condition. Change position during work as well as alternate several relaxing movements to help better blood circulation.
- Maintain a healthy weight or lose weight. To build strong bones, we need to get enough calcium and vitamin D every day.
- Try to stand up straight and avoid lifting heavy objects if possible. If you need to lift something too heavy, bend your legs and keep your back straight.
In addition, you may use Tisore _ Khu phong hoa thap Xuan Quang to improve the above condition.
If back pain and stiff neck persist, see your doctor for timely diagnosis and treatment.
Xuan Quang Oriental Pharmaceutical wishes you good health!